Make an Appointment
Call 1-877-292-3751 for a
FREE physician referral
- How Does the CyberKnife Work?
How Does the CyberKnife Work?
Make an Appointment
for a FREE referral
Learn how CyberKnife is Redefining Radiosurgery
The CyberKnife® combines two advanced technologies:
The first innovation is a lightweight radiation delivery system mounted on a multi-jointed robotic arm.
This flexible robotic arm provides unparalleled access to previously unreachable tumors. Additionally, because of the incredible precision of the radiation beams, the CyberKnife® System is able to reduce harm to the critical structures surrounding the lesion. This increases safety and helps reduce side effects.
The second innovation is an image guidance system similar to those used for cruise missile guidance. This revolutionary advancement allows the CyberKnife to compensate for slight human movements during the treatment which allows radiation to be delivered without the use of a stereotactic frame.
What Makes CyberKnife® Unique?
- Total Clinical Accuracy: The CyberKnife has proven to be the most accurate, real-time, image guided radiosurgery system in the world. CyberKnife® radiosurgery is so precise, radiation beams can conform to small, complex-shaped tumors while helping to avoid surrounding healthy critical structures.
- 100% Frameless: The combination of the image-guidance system and the multi-jointed robotic arm allows the system to compensate for patient movement, sparing patients from the pain and inconvenience associated with the conventional head frame that is fixed to the patient's skull.
- Painless Surgery: The CyberKnife allows patients to be treated in a unique radiosurgery suite where painless "surgery" is performed with no incisions, no blood, no anesthesia and no recovery time.
- Better Quality of Life, During & After Treatment: The simple outpatient CyberKnife® procedure allows patients to undergo their treatment and immediately resume normal activities.